In civilizations long since past, the aging female was looked upon with respect. The oldest in the community was often called the wise woman, crone, healer, witch or just mother.

Personally, I like the term crone. I want to be a Crone.

Monday, October 18, 2010

News Story: 'I'm too rich to go to jail' Ticks Grandma Off

The flip side of entitlements the elite are always complaining about is obvious in this story I read at MSNBC.com.


We often wonder who raised the spoiled kids who grow into spoiled adults. Parents often tend to think their precious children will outgrow their selfishness and be well adjusted adults who fit well into a working society. Well, it's not as easy as that. Between celebs getting in trouble with drugs, violence and scandals bordering on harassment to poor little rich kids who think they can get away with anything, parenting skills seem to have a gap as wide as the gap in incomes.


This young lady must be making her parents proud today. I've taken a quote from the story:
"When deputies placed Hincapie under arrest, she allegedly said, "You are in trouble because I am a New Yorker and my brother is CSI" and "My dad paid cash for my Toyota Corolla and I am too rich to go to jail." "
Read the entire story


Grandma thinks you'd better pay attention to how you're raising your child, unless you want to read about his or her accomplishments in the news.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What really disturbed me was the "too rich for jail". This either reflects on the justice system itself or people's perception of the justice system doling out different measures of justice to different classes of people...

Suz Alicie said...

Great post, although you know it would have been better had she not been fighting in a taxi and gloating about her corolla. I mean if she'd been throwing down on the hood of her Lambo that Daddy paid cash for, she might have a leg to stand on.